Date: 12/6/17 7:50 pm
From: David Arbour <arbour...>
Subject: Red Slough Bird Survey - Dec. 6
Ford Hendershot and I surveyed birds today at Red Slough and found 84
species. It was heavy overcast, cool (40's-50's), and a bit windy.
Black-bellied Whistling Ducks continue as well as at least one Dunlin. The
Golden Eagle has been regular on the east side of Red Slough and
occasionally on the west side. Possibly there are two birds as we saw one
this afternoon at unit 40 and Terry Stuart saw one this morning at unit 4.
The Blue-headed Vireo was by the north parking lot. Was unable to relocate
the ground-dove and Clay-colored Sparrow seen yesterday. A road grader was
working the spot where we had the ground-dove when we went to check for it,
so possibly it is still around and will hopefully show back up. Here is our
list for today:

Black-bellied Whistling Ducks - 8 ( juveniles)

Snow Goose - 1

Wood Duck - 2

Gadwall - 460

Mallard - 629