Date: 12/6/17 2:25 pm
From: 'J. Brett Lovelace' <brettlovelace...> [nwcalbird] <nwcalbird-noreply...>
Subject: [nwcalbird] Merlin (Humboldt County)
Humboldt County,
Salt River near Port Kenyon.

At ~1400 today, I briefly observed a Merlin (probable female) perched in the top of a mature red alder on the south side of the Salt River channel/north side of Port Kenyon Road (see attached maps). The location is just west of the intersection of Port Kenyon & Meridian Roads and downstream of the Dillon Road bridge.

Being on the north bank of the channel, with the sun behind me, the bird was well illuminated, but unfortunately flew away before I could attempt getting a photo. The location is best accessed from the Port Kenyon Road side.

Cheers.

------------------------------------
Posted by: "J. Brett Lovelace" <brettlovelace...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)