Date: 12/6/17 1:47 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Wed morning, Eugene
We tried a new extension of the Ridgeline trail, parking at the top of South Willamette (52nd St), going westward, ultimately continuing on the power line clearance to the old So. Willamette Dump and beyond. We began the walk in frosty shade of a hill behind, to meet the sun line in a glorious morning.
25 species

California Quail - 6
Red-tailed Hawk - 4
Anna's Hummingbird - 2
Red-breasted Sapsucker - 1
Northern Flicker - 2
Pileated Woodpecker - 2
Steller's Jay - 7
California Scrub-Jay - 4
American Crow - few
Black-capped Chickadee - 6
Red-breasted Nuthatch - 1
White-breasted Nuthatch - 2
Bewick's Wren - 2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - 2
Wrentit - 1
Western Bluebird - flock of 7 encountered several times
American Robin - 5
Spotted Towhee - 8
Fox Sparrow - 20+
Song Sparrow - 15
Lincoln's Sparrow - 2
Golden-crowned Sparrow - 10
Dark-eyed Junco - 30+
House Finch - 15
Pine Siskin - group of 7 feeding on teasel, encountered twice.

Randy Sinnott, Chuck Thomas, Sarah Vasconcellos, Steven and Judy Franzen, Dennis Arendt, Scott McNeeley, Cindy Armstrong, Sylvia Maulding, Kit Larsen, and Larry McQueen

Join us on Facebook!