Date: 12/6/17 8:23 am
From: Becky Reyes <breyes...>
Subject: [texbirds] Edinburg World Birding Center
Hi everyone!
We had our morning bird walk yesterday and it was a three kingfisher day:)
We had a few warblers out such as the Wilson's and Black-and-white Warbler.
A few migrating ducks are still at South pond also where we spotted a
photogenic Ringed kingfisher. Below is yesterday morning's bird list.
Happy Birding!

Edinburg Scenic Wetlands and World Birding Center, Hidalgo, Texas, US
Dec 5, 2017 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
40 species

Blue-winged Teal 1
Northern Shoveler 5
Green-winged Teal 1
Plain Chachalaca 2
Pied-billed Grebe 1
Neotropic Cormorant 4
Double-crested Cormorant 2
American White Pelican 1
Great Blue Heron 2
Great Egret 2
Snowy Egret 3
Cattle Egret 4
Black-crowned Night-Heron 2
Osprey 1
American Coot 8
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon) 32
Inca Dove 2
Mourning Dove 2
Buff-bellied Hummingbird 1
Ringed Kingfisher 2
Belted Kingfisher 2
Green Kingfisher 3
Golden-fronted Woodpecker 4
Eastern Phoebe 2
Great Kiskadee 7
Loggerhead Shrike 1
White-eyed Vireo 1
Green Jay 2
House Wren 9
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 4
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 6
Long-billed Thrasher 2
Northern Mockingbird 5
Black-and-white Warbler 1
Orange-crowned Warbler 4
Wilson's Warbler 2
Olive Sparrow 1
Lincoln's Sparrow 2
Northern Cardinal 2
Great-tailed Grackle 12

*Becky Reyes*

Naturalist Educator

Edinburg Scenic Wetlands and World Birding Center

PO Box 1079

714 Raul Longoria Rd

Edinburg, Texas 78540

956.381.9922 O 956.381-0715 F