Date: 12/3/17 6:35 pm
From: <lwrkenai...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Paradise Valley yardbirds: Rufous-backed Robin and intergrade Fox Sparrow
Hi Birders,

While visiting my parents in Paradise Valley (near Indian Bend Rd. and
Tatum Blvd.) I was surprised to see a Rufous-backed Robin feeding on
pyracantha berries in the back yard. It appeared to be a first fall or female
bird. Many others were attracted to the fruit including a Hermit Thrush,
Gambel's Quail, Curve-billed Thrashers, etc. Also notable was a probable Red
x Slate-colored Fox Sparrow intergrade. Luckily, I was able to get many
photos. Included is my eBird checklist with pix.

Good Birding,
Brian Ison

Scottsdale
<lwrkenai...>