Date: 12/1/17 1:11 am
From: Richard <birdertoo...> [cobirders] <cobirders-noreply...>
Subject: [cobirders] Barr Lake, First Creek & Banner Lakes Wildlife Area (Adams & Weld)
Hello cobirders;

Another great fall day in Colorado. We made it through November with warmer than average temperatures and little snow!

This morning I decided to enter Barr Lake (Adams) from the west side (off Buckley Road). Sparrows appear to be in short supply this fall at Barr Lake. The west side had more than any other part I have run into this year.

A White-throated Sparrow was with nine White-crowned Sparrows near the woodpile at the southwest corner.

Later I went to the First Creek Trail (Adams) and relocated the Harris's Sparrow found yesterday by John Breitsch. Terry Michaels and I have been watching the sparrow flock along the trail about 1/4 mile east of Buckley Road. John found a rather plain Harris's Sparrow! I put photos on the Colorado Birding Society's photo library:
http://coloradobirdingsociety.net

My birding day ended at Banner Lakes Wildlife Area (Weld). Nothing unusual appeared. I did find two Long-eared Owls and a Great Horned Owl. No Short-eared Owls seen tonight.

Continued Good Birding!

Richard Stevens; Director, Colorado Birding Society
Denver, Colorado
Contact CoBus/Report Interesting Birds: 303-324-7994
Subscribe to "cobirders" by sending blank email to:
<cobirders-subscribe...>
Read "cobirders" at: