Date: 11/25/17 8:15 pm
From: <jonathannikkila...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Williamson's Sapsucker - 11/25
Spent several hours in North Platte with seven other birders, many of whom are part of this group, looking for the Williamson's Sapsucker. Gary, Tom, Boni, Colleen... and three others whose names I forget. Sorry! I will keep working on that.

I had to leave at 2:30 pm and no one had seen the Williamson's by then, although the others stuck it out a little longer. Gary and Tom saw Red Crossbills. Most of the group also saw Pygmy, Red-breasted and White-breasted Nuthatches, as well as a Brown Creeper. There were plenty of woodpeckers (Downy, Red-bellied, and a Red-shafted Flicker) but neither of the potential sapsuckers that have been seen recently.

After leaving North Platte, I went to Snell Canyon, south of Maxwell, at the suggestion of Tom and Boni and saw Mountain Bluebirds. Now just two shy of 150 Nebraska birds for the year...

Posted on E-bird.

As a new member of this group, it was great meeting so many people in person. Thanks for the help and the interesting conversations that helped pass the time!

Jonathan Nikkila
Kearney

Posted by: <jonathannikkila...>

<*> Your email settings: