Date: 11/20/17 6:36 pm
Subject: Re: NC King Eider - 3rd hand report
Speaking of possible Snowy Owls, I received a Pea Island report today of a
Barn Owl seen (in flight) at 1:00pm today about 1/2 mile south of the new
Split Pea bridge. This report was by an inexperienced or even non-birder
who has never seen Barn nor Snowy Owl in the wild. I tried to get more
information but he insisted that it was not a snowy.
Jeff Lewis
Manteo, NC

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Steve <sshultz...> wrote:

> Following up on my earlier note about the Oregon Inlet King Eider not
> being seen at the Bonner Bridge most of the weekend, I offer a report from
> someone who heard from someone that the bird has been in the SW corner of
> North Pond, PINWR. Apparently photos were obtained. Maybe this is where
> she goes when not at the bridge? Might want to keep a look out should you
> be in the area.
>

> Also noted on the clipboard of sightings at PINWR (Pea Island NWR) the
> tantalizing suggestion of a Snowy Owl. Report of one seen in the general
> PINWR area on, I believe Friday. So might want to keep a look out for that
> as well, should the notation be accurate and repeatable.
>

> Steve Shultz
>
> Apex, NC

Join us on Facebook!