Date: 11/20/17 10:06 am
From: <josmithgv...> <josmithgv...> <josmithgv...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: Sahuarita Lewis's Woodpecker--YES
First of all, there was an error in the previous post. The location is NORTH of Sahuarita Rd. Just east of the pecan plant, turn North on Santa Rita Rd and go about one mile and you will see the church on the left. At 9:45 am (11/20), I saw the Lewis's Woodpecker on top of a power pole on the NE corner of the field. I watched the bird quietly pecking away on top of the pole for several minutes when it flew SW and landed in a tree by the church. I was unable to relocate the bird after that. I also saw a Merlin on a power line in the area.

Good birding,

Robert Smith

Green Valley