Date: 11/17/17 6:01 am
From: Ruth Stearns <ruthstearns...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] RE: Harris’s Hawk at Swanton Recreation Area. NOT
I was on the road and didn’t see TJ’s second post til I returned home at five pm. And he was correcy, there was no Harris’s Hawk at Swanson WMA anymore. But heading NW and down to a wooded area by the lake heard lots of birds...robins and Harris Sparrows and woodpeckers. And this gurgley singing bird that I didn’t recognize. Found him, a Rusty Blackbird and another as well. Returning to the same spot an hour later with Paseka’s, Janis stirred up a flock of eight. Neat to hear the soft coos of the quail too. Roughlegs circled the area when I arrived. So it was not a boondoggle trip at all!

Don, Mike’s putting a gps on my scope! Thanks for your help!

List in eBird.

Ruthie Stearns
Lincoln NE

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 16, 2017, at 12:52 PM, 'Walker, TJ' <thomas.walker...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...> wrote:
>
> It may be GONE I watched it soar off high on south winds heading north.
>

> Lost it about a mile north of the rec Area.
>
> Still out looking for it, if I find it I will let the group know.
>
> T. J. Walker
> Milford
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Nov 16, 2017, at 12:12 PM, 'Jorgensen, Joel' <Joel.Jorgensen...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...> wrote:
>

>> I’ve posted a digiscoped photo T.J. texted me on the NOU Facebook page.
>>

>> https://www.facebook.com/NebraskaOrnithologistsUnion/
>>

>> Incredible!!!!!!!
>>

>> -Joel
>>

>> Joel Jorgensen | Nongame Bird Program Manager
>>
>> Nebraska Game and Parks Commission
>>
>> 2200 N. 33rd 68503 | 402.471.5440
>>
>> <joel.jorgensen...>

Join us on Facebook!