Date: 11/15/17 11:39 am
From: Pam Potter <ppotter...>
Subject: [GABO-L] FOTS Juncos & northern shovelers Bartow Co
This morning I saw 5 dark-eyed juncos hitting on the sweet gum seed heads on my property in White. I still have 6 yellow-rumped warblers eating the wax myrtle berries all thru the day. I figure they're either new arrivals or maybe the ones I reported Oct 18 bulking up to move on now that it's starting to get colder. I usually have only 1 or 2 over winter in my yard.

I also got a chance to go out to the Taff Rd & Brandon Farm area. At the medium pond on Taff :
2 1st winter male northern shovelers

13 killdeer (wow) some

mallards

1 dark duck too far off to ID (not scoter)

The surf scoter may still be hanging out. There was a dark water bird which looked like it was floating with it's head tucked in its wing. I did see some white markings but not conclusive enuff to claim a positive sighting.

Pam Potter
White
Bartow Co

Send regular postings to <gabo-l...>