Date: 11/14/17 7:28 am
From: Kent McFarland <kmcfarland...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Vermont eBird outage update
Vermont eBird experienced an unexpected server outage on the morning of 13
November. Most of the eBird functionality was restored by 16:00 EST on 13
November. *Please do not worry. All your eBird data are safe–including your
photos–and we are working hard to resolve the remaining issues. *As of
07:00 EST on 14 November it is not possible to upload or view photos
uploaded to the Macaulay Library via eBird. We are working hard to restore
this functionality and expect it to be back to normal later today.

You may notice the following issues which we are still working to resolve:

- Photos and audio recordings cannot be uploaded to your checklists.
Please save these to upload when full functionality is restored.
- Photos will not appear in eBird checklist views, Region Explorer
views, or photo feeds on the profile page or home page.
- Illustrated Checklist links have been removed.
- Certain list totals on the Profile Page are not available.

We expect to have full functionality restored today, 14 November.

You are now be able to submit observations <http://ebird.org/ebird/submit>,
use Explore Data <http://ebird.org/ebird/explore>, and access your lists
via My eBird <http://ebird.org/ebird/myebird>. Submissions via eBird Mobile
are also working normally and your submissions will be uploaded safely to
your My eBird page.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Kent

Kent McFarland
Vermont Center for Ecostudies
PO Box 420 | Norwich, Vermont 05055