Date: 11/13/17 9:27 pm
From: Florence McBride via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] sapsucker on our suet feeder, red-belly behavior
Hamden, 11/13: A beautiful adult male Yellow-bellied Sapsucker visited our suet feeder today; in the past we’ve seen sapsuckers on the spruce by the back porch, but haven’t seen them on a feeder here. Also of interest in our small yard: We recently added a tube feeder enclosed in a wire cage to our feeding station, and were delighted to observe a Red-bellied Woodpecker using its tongue to get seeds from it — first time I’d seen this behavior.

Flo McBride