Date: 11/13/17 7:45 pm
From: Jared Del Rosso <jared.delrosso...>
Subject: [cobirds] Hermit Thrush, No Fox Sp. - deKoevend (Arapahoe)
After work (11/13), my dog and I made several passes of the feeders at
deKoevend where the Fox Sparrow has been (last on 11/10). No luck. We did
spot the Hermit Thrush around sunset. It seems to like to come out then and
forage in the middle of the canal. I called this behavior reckless when I
first posted about this bird. But it occurred to me today that the thrush
is nearly indistinguishable from the leaf-lined, muddy canal.

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-0JAwSPCihN8/WgplG33A5YI/AAAAAAAANy0/5gdJU9euGDY1wYFdh02AbGae9BqBzNg1ACLcBGAs/s1600/DSC_0008%2BThrush.jpg>

A morning walk of my dog at Westlands Park in Greenwood Village (also
Arapahoe) yielded a brief encounter with a Golden-crowned Kinglet, a
Mountain Chickadee, a Snow Goose, and a confounding other goose
(White-fronted or Greylag, not sure).

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO