Date: 11/13/17 1:50 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Lake Abert bird counts

7 years of data. See link below. ECAS Lake Abert coordinator and
volunteers have completed several surveys per year with standardized
methodology.

http://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/2c5973_455a1a4b85e049de9d7214fd128887ba.pdf

No doubt one could glean additional info from ebird.

Judy Merediith, <jmeredit...>

On 11-13-2017 13:39, Gregor Yanega wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm interested in collecting as much count and diversity data as is available for the Lake Abert region. If you've been any time in the last ten years and have your count data available, I'd ask you to share it (either with the group, or with me directly). I'm working on a project looking at the role of shallow saline lakes in avian migration and the effect of climate change/aridity/lake drying on habitat use and visitation by migrants.
>
> As you may have heard or already know, Abert dried down and became so hypersaline for a number of years (2012-15?) that it could not support brine shrimp or many of the birds that rely on them as a food source on migration. This past year, the water levels have resurged and the brine shrimp are back. I don't know exactly what the migration numbers or species composition has been like, and I'd love to find out if OBOL folks have any insights. Thank you.
>
> Best,
> Gregor Yanega
> (<gregor.yanega...>)

Join us on Facebook!