Date: 11/10/17 3:23 pm
From: Gary Lingle <pelicanlingle...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: Re: [NEBirds] Baltimore Oriole Banding Question
Ross, I don’t know the answer to your question, but you might contact Mike Fritz to find out who submitted banding data to the NGPC that year. If that fails, the Bird Banding Lab may provide with that information. I did check the BBL website and 352 BAOR were banded in NE in 2011 based on banding data. As an aside, I banded an incredible 190 BAOR in my yard this spring plus an additional 102 recaptures from previous years for a total of 292 unique individuals. I also captured 222 OROR during that same timeframe.

Gary Lingle
45320 Kilgore Road
Gibbon NE

> On Oct 29, 2017, at 10:14 PM, 'Gubanyi,Joe' <Joseph.Gubanyi...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...> wrote:
>
> Ross,
>
> The year and county do not sound right, but I know that Gary Lingle has been banding orioles at his place on the Platte River. He wrote an article which was published in the June 2015 NBR about his banding. From May 14 to June 5, 2015 he captured over 200 BAOR and OROR in his yard. I copied the data table from his article below.
>
> Joe
>

> Males ​ Females ​ Total
> Banded Recaptures Banded Recaptures
> Baltimore orioles 77 15 63 9 164