Date: 11/10/17 10:26 am
From: Ian Devlin via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Birdseye Boat Ramp Great Cormorant and more
1pm

1- Great Cormorant in the channel
2- Marsh Hawks across the way flying over the marsh
2- Gadwall with Mallards in the poop ditch
A dozen or so Brant
Didn’t see the local Common Coot yet...
No Golden Eagle...

Flyovers:
A flock of Snow Buntings
A Greater Yellowlegs

Side notes:

I’m seeing Northern Gannets, Hooded and RB Mergansers, Oldsquaw, all three Scoter species, Buffleheads, tons of Common Loons, some RT Loons, various shorebirds, a few seals, and lots of blitzing schoolie Striped Bass with flocks of Gulls over the action lately in the last two weeks when on the water taking trips. The Housatonic River is late with arriving Striped Bass that winter over here upriver. It was an incredibly mild October, which delayed everything by at least two weeks.

Also, I am proud to be helping out City College of New York with their studies of the Housatonic River marsh systems, water studies, and core sample studies of the peet in the marshes. This study is founded by NASA, and in conjunction with Earth Atmosphere and Science. As a fishing guide for 25 years, avid naturalist, and getting into birding again...I want to help out the environment when and where I can. As an outdoorsman I feel obligated to be a steward and keen observer of the environment. I wish the fishing community at large felt and acted as such, but it largely does not...yet.

Capt. Ian Devlin
East Norwalk

Sent from my iPhone