Date: 11/9/17 7:41 am
From: Al & Lois <alandlois...>
Subject: Re: ebird question Mo/Ill state line
After much research this is what I found, the state line was officially
returned to the original line when the state was admitted as the 24th
state in 1821.
http://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/2009-Birding/Birding-2009-May/2009-05-15-RMBS/i-BN6gxvB
I had heard a rumor that this was brought to the front when building the
new dam and they didn't want to fool with unions from both states.

Al Smith
Bridgeton, Mo
St. Louis County

On 11/9/2017 9:11 AM, Edge Wade wrote:
> The map showing the state line going down the middle of the Missouri River is incorrect. Rivers change course. There is a portion of Illinois on "the Missouri side" (west) at Riverlands. The sign is correct. We've been through variations of this matter before. There was a discussion of this on Mobirds 2 or 3 years ago. A search of the Mobirds archives will produce links to maps and more discussion.
>
> Edge Wade
> Columbia, MO
> <edgew...>

Join us on Facebook!