Date: 11/9/17 7:40 am
From: Allen Gathman <agathman...>
Subject: Re: Odd sparrow at Apple Creek Conservation Area
I'm a geneticist by training, so of course I think it was born that way.
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. In defense of
that view, though, Mike Grant pointed out that it's also missing all the
claws from the toes on its right foot.

-Allen Gathman
Pocahontas, MO

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Scott Miller <sdmiller42...> wrote:

> Is that caused from an injury or born like that?
>
> Scott Miller
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Nov 8, 2017, at 1:17 PM, Allen Gathman <agathman...> wrote:
> >
> > I was at Apple Creek (cape Girardeau County) this morning, and I just
> > thought it was nice that a Field Sparrow was being so cooperative about
> > getting its picture taken. Then I got home and looked more closely, only
> > to find I'd photographed the extremely rare Field Crossbill.
> >
> > https://www.flickr.com/photos/a

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/
ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html