Date: 11/9/17 4:40 am
From: Deepa Mohan <mohandeepa...>
Subject: Re: ebird question
And if you still can't find the location:

Click on "Find it on a map" and add;

OR

a very useful feature,

"Use latitude/longitude"

Go to Google maps and find the location, and in that, you will find two
sets of figures which are the lat. and long. Cut and paste the figures into
the eBird box and there you go!

Eg, here is a location ( incidentally, this is the only nesting place of
the critically endangered Long-billed Vultures in south India):

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Ramadevarabetta,+Karnataka+572104/@13.310335,77.1555276,16z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3bb02c82d56ed755:0x73f9d8082f0fd161!8m2!3d13.3082385!4d77.1593012?hl=en

On that, I cut the figures after the @ sign, like so:

13.310335 (lat)
77.1555276 (long)

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Deepa

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 5:51 PM, Kevin Wehner <kevinwehner...> wrote:

> Login to eBird, click “My eBird,” click "Manage My Location," find this
> location on the list and click “Edit.” A map will display. Click “Move” and
> then click the the actual location on the map. A “Move” button will
> display. Click that button and you’re done!
>
> --
> Kevin Wehner
> <kevinwehner...>
> Columbia, MO
>
> On November 8, 2017 at 10:59:25 PM, Kathleen A Anderson (
> <andersonka...>) wrote:
>
> I have been moving old bird records from Avisys into ebird. Here's a
> problem.
>
> I was at an ASM meeting on a field trip to Riverlands led by Jim Malone.
> We were on Riverlands Way where it turns and goes to the parking lot by the
> dam. If you go straight, you would go to the Confluence. There is a sign
> maybe a third down that road to the dam that marks the IL state line. We
> were standing next to that sign and saw a Blackpoll Warbler on the IL
> side.
> If you go to ebird maps, the state line goes down the middle of the MI
> River. Either I am missing something or there is no way that I can enter
> my Blackpoll Warbler in ebird at the location I saw it.
>
> Does anybody have a solution to my problem?
> Thank you,
> Kathleen Anderson, Columbia
> <mobirds-l-request...>

> ASM Spring Meeting: May 4-6, 2018 at Arrow Rock Details and Online

> <mobirds-l-request...>

> ASM Spring Meeting: May 4-6, 2018 at Arrow Rock Details and Online

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/
ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html

Join us on Facebook!