Date: 11/8/17 5:28 pm
From: Tina and Peter Green via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] NHBC “2nd” Wednesday Walk Highlights
Today 24 birders joined me for the New Haven Bird Club First Wednesday Walk at one of the best all around birding locations in CT, Sherwood Island State Park in Westport. The morning began with cool temperatures,cloudy conditions, and 5-10mph northerly winds. We covered about half of the park in four and a half hours and saw or heard 61 species and a nice variety.Our highlights included outstanding views of a stunning Nashville Warbler and a “posing” Vesper Sparrow, 2 Brown Thrashers,nice looks at our resident Great Horned Owls,a 1st winter and an adult Bald Eagle,5 shorebird species,and our “old faithful” Lesser Black-backed Gull.
Thank you to all who attended and helped make it another great morning of birding!

Tina Green
Westport
Sent from my iPhone