Date: 11/8/17 2:54 pm
From: Tom Arny <tarny...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Chiricahuas - AZ Nov 4-6, 2017 Mexican Chicakadees, Nutcracker
On a short trip to the Chiricahuas this past weekend (Nov 4-6) 2017, which was originally planned to look for butterflies, my wife and I saw a Clark's Nutcracker (Nov 4) on the road from Onion Saddle to Barfoot Junction, about a mile from the Saddle. We also had great looks at about 6 Mexican Chickadees on the 6th at the Paradise Rd junction with Forest Service Rd 42.
The butterflies we sought were the Chiricahua Pine Whites, which were easy to see at Barfoot Park, despite cool and breezy weather. We also enjoyed lots of autumn foliage color.
Tom Arny
Box 545
Patagonia, AZ 85624

tarny AT theriver.com