Date: 11/7/17 6:33 pm
From: Herbert Larner via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Birding Augusta & Rockbridge Counties
Hello again
I am resending this because I corrected the Brown - headed blackbird which
should be Cowbird .Sorry for the second sending .

Hello all

Today I ventured out in the rain to see what waterfowl had dropped in on our
area ponds . On a whim I traveled up to Willow Lake to see what waterfowl
was there . First in Augusta County I had the following birds thru out the
county .

CANADA GOOSE -- 200+

TUNDRA SWAN -- 2 BELLS LANE -- TOOK OFF SHORTLY AFTER SEEING THEM

WOOD DUCK -- 7

GADWALL -- 60

AM. WIGEON -- 23

NO. SHOVELER --13

GREEN - WINGED TEAL -- 46

RING - NECKED DUCK -- 23

LESSER SCAUP -- 14

BUFFLEHEAD -- 47

HOODED MERGANSER -- 1

RUDDY DUCK -- 4

PIED - BILLED GREBE -- 10

AM . COOT -- 1

GREATER YELLOWLEGS -- 1 -- SMITH'S POND

PECTORAL SANDPIPER -- 1

WILSON'S SNIPE -- 5

BONAPARTE'S GULL -- 6 -- SMITH'S POND SWOOPE

On my travels in the Mint Spring area I ran into a large group of Blackbirds
. Here is the break down with a guess at each species . I did not see a
single Starling in the mix .

RED - WINGED BLACKBIRD -- 500+

RUSTY BLACKBIRD - 51+

BREWER'S BLACKBIRD -- 4 ONLY COUNTED

COMMON GRACKLE --- 3500+

BROWN - HEADED COWBIRD -- 9100+

Now for Rockbridge County at Willow Lake

GADWALL -- 8

BUFFLEHEAD -- 8

RING - NECKED DUCK -- 23

WHITE - WINGED SCOTER -- 3

RUDDY DUCK -- 4

PIED - BILLED GREBE -- 4

DC CORMORANT -- 16

Allen Larner

Staunton

*** You are subscribed to va-bird as <larnersky...> If you wish
to unsubscribe, or modify your preferences please visit
https://mailman.listserve.com/listmanager/listinfo/va-bird ***

http://www.avg.com