Date: 11/6/17 7:17 pm
From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Sherman Shrikes
We birded the Cottonwood Canyon yesterday afternoon from roughly 1-2 pm.
When we arrived it was very quiet but we enjoyed our walk nonetheless.

Shrike was a target species for us as we approached the canyon from Condon
and we were disappointed to not find one.

Notable for us during the visit was a Sharpie flying by fast with an
extended crop, a foraging Osprey, great scenery, and a tempting report from
fly fishermen of two big-horn ram locked in battle on a rocky slope just
above the river two and a half miles downstream from the campground.

Three very-small-sized images attached will hopefully not clog anyone's
email.

[image: Inline image 1]

[image: Inline image 2]
[image: Inline image 5]

Jack Williamson
West Linn, Oregon

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 1:37 PM, David Cammack <dmarc-noreply...>
wrote:

> I found a juvenile Northern Shrike near Wasco in Sherman County,
> Saturday. This morning there was an adult Northern Shrike at Cottonwood
> Canyon, near the campground.
>

> David Cammack
> NE Portland
> <dcammack2006...>