Date: 11/5/17 11:56 am
From: David Boltz via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: Re: [Va-bird] Common Lions at Lake Frederick, Frederick Co.
Okay, I was just checking to see who was paying attention. The closest thing we have to a Common Lion out here is the occasional uncommon Bobcat. But Common Loons we do get on migration and 3 are still here this afternoon. Interestingly, we had a flock of 14 Loons here this past spring and ditto last fall.

Just for the record, there is a Lions Lake in Lebanon, PA, my hometown. Perhaps that explains my clerical error.

Dave Boltz

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 5, 2017, at 10:35 AM, <david.boltz4...> wrote:

I got a message from Dave Carr this morning that there were 14 Common Loons, 25 Buffleheads, and 4 Ruddy Ducks on the lake this morning. I checked on the way out of the neighborhood and all were still present at 10:00, plus 5 DC Cormorants.

Dave Boltz

Sent from my iPhone