Date: 11/4/17 10:27 pm
From: Beverly Hallberg <mapsout...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Mystery dead seabird id - Nehalem Bay State Park
Ha! I tried this too. Definitely not a Cassin's Auklet - it's way too big
for that. I'm not sure the app can be expected to do dead carcasses. I
also tried my dead Barred Owl and that came up with a Common Poorwill. But
with actual birds, it was getting 100%!

Cheers, Beverly

On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 10:14 PM, Brodie Cass Talbott <brodietlewis...>
> wrote:

> In the spirit of Noah's recent email, and my own not having a clue, Merlin
> says it's a cassins auklet. Or some kind of a shearwater.
>

> On Nov 4, 2017 21:30, "Beverly Hallberg" <mapsout...> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I found this dead seabird last week on the beach at Nehalem Bay State
> Park. There is virtually no neck - it's sort of football-shaped. It's
> seems rather large - one of the pictures has my shoe in it which is 4-1/2"
> width. There are some plumage clues in the wings and feathers. Any ideas?
>
> https://flic.kr/s/aHsmawCHTG
>
> By the way, like Russ, I also found a dead Barred Owl on the beach a
> couple weeks ago on the Manzanita Beach.
>
> Thanks, Beverly

Join us on Facebook!