Date: 11/4/17 7:56 pm
From: Jim Berry <jim.berry3...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Fwd: eBird Report - Argilla-Northgate-Essex Rd. Fields Complex, Ipswich, Nov 4, 2017
Argilla-Northgate-Essex Rd. Fields Complex, Ipswich

Nov 4, 2017 11:00 AM - 1:50 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments: Brian O'Neill and I birded this area partly in search of a cackling goose reported here 2 or 3 days ago by Ava Steenstrup. No dice. We had to settle for 560+ Canada geese with no strangers among them. Miles are 2 by car and 1 on foot, as we eventually walked the interior of Maplecroft Farm to check the geese too far from the roads to see. Birding was poor all around--no gulls, only 3 sparrows, and no blackbirds!
19 species (+1 other taxon)

Canada Goose 560+
Mallard 12
Turkey Vulture 1
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 3
Downy Woodpecker 2
Northern Flicker 3
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) 1 (the only one seen)
Peregrine Falcon 1
Blue Jay 12
American Crow 28
Black-capped Chickadee 5