Date: 11/4/17 3:45 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET October 2017 Shorebird Statistics
Hello Bird People,

Another birding "rain out" gives me the chance to put out my October
shorebird report quicker than usual. As expected both numbers of
species & individuals are down from previous months as October is not
as big a shorebird month. All sightings are from northern Illinois.
Here's my list:

1. Black Bellied Plover = 1

2. Semipalmated Plover = 5

3. Killdeer = 188

4. Greater Yellowlegs = 11

5. Lesser Yellowlegs = 22

6. Spotted Sandpiper = 1

7. Sanderling = 118

8. Semipalmated Sandpiper = 5

9. Least Sandpiper = 2

10. Baird's Sandpiper = 2 ( two sightings of the same bird)

11. Pectoral Sandpiper = 30

12. Dunlin = 53

13. Long Billed Dowitcher = 10

14. Wilson's Snipe = 45

So that's 14 species & 493 individuals in October 2017

For comparison purposes:

October 2013 had 13 species & 788 individuals

October 2014 had 18 species & 329 individuals

October 2015 had 16 species & 1131 individuals

October 2016 had 14 species & 671 individuals

This will probably be my last shorebird report for 2017 unless
November has more than I think it will & even if it does there won't
be the need for a separate report.

Al Stokie

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings: