Date: 11/2/17 7:09 pm
From: Ron Klataske <prairie...>
Subject: Re: Question about feeding
Nancy,

I think your concern is one that can certainly apply to Carolina Wrens. I
know of an example in Topeka where the homeowners went on a trip during
cold winter weather only to find a dead Carolina Wren on their back
doorstep where they had been feeding them. They didn't have evidence of
any surviving wrens that winter. I had a similar experience, except they
simply weren't any around for months afterward. I have since been feeding
suet to wrens in a hollow log hung eight feet up in a tree. They are in
and out of it all winter and it works without a hitch even when it snows
several inches. We now have year round calls to enjoy.

--Ron

--
Ron Klataske
Executive Director