Date: 11/1/17 5:43 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Newport beach bird
I've also seen SE Owls miles offshore, and I don't think they are 'lost'.
One time one came
into the birding boat's wake as if interested in what was going on. Then
it continued South.
GH owl seems right.
See
https://visitbigskymt.com/wp-content/uploads/great-horned-owl-pixabay.jpg
Bob OBrien

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Isaac Denzer <bartailedgodwit...>
wrote:

> It's not a SE Owl, look at the wing pattern. To me it looks like a Barred
> to me. Or, it could possibly a GH, but the wing stripes generally aren't so
> prominent or dark on them, so I really doubt it is one.
>
> Isaac Denzer
>

> On 11/1/2017 5:14 PM, Jeff Gilligan wrote:
>
> Short-eared Owl? I have seen them far at sea from cruise ships.
>
> Jeff Gilligan
>
> On Nov 1, 2017, at 3:54 PM, Russ Namitz <namitzr...> wrote:
>
> Not something you find in the beach everyday......
>

> Russ Namitz
> Newport
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!