Date: 11/1/17 11:51 am
From: Marcia Watson <marshwren50...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] how high will hummers feed?
Ruby-throats do feed on blossoms high in trees (both flowers of the trees themselves and of climbing vines), so I think that a fourth-floor feeder is within the realm of possibility. I’ve had them come to feeders on a second-floor balcony. Your friend could add some flowering plants in a planter to help get their attention.

Marcia
Marcia Watson
Patuxent Bird Club
A Chapter of the Maryland Ornithological Society
www.patuxentbirdclub.org

Bowie, Maryland
<marshwren50...>