Date: 10/31/17 7:49 pm
From: Linda Vidosh Zempel <0000009ad62f9c3d-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Morton County
Awesome

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 7:50 PM, Nickel, James B<James.Nickel...> wrote: A couple of notes about Morton County. I might as well dog pile on about the crossbill invasion. I saw 1 male crossbill at the work station. A person never knows when you might have some luck. I slammed the door on my pickup, and then looked up in a pine tree. Hey, that's a red bird and the one I was hoping for! County bird!!
    Next I went to Point of Rocks. I think what I like about birding is every once in a while a person experiences a moment of beauty. I had one of those moments at Point of Rocks. I walked down past the rocks, and ended up by the river. In the subtle morning light, the cottonwoods and salt cedars were displaying yellow and orange. I looked up at the point of rocks and saw a juvenile Golden Eagle soaring above the bluffs. The solitude of the moment and the beauty made me understand why "The Grasslands" have a magnetic effect on many birders.
    And, the Golden Eagle was another county bird for me. I didn't stay much longer as the wind really cranked up. The tumble weeds were rolling everywhere. So, I decided to roll for home. Jim

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html