Date: 10/31/17 2:00 pm
From: Christopher Clark <cjbirdmanclark...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Nisqually Rusty Blackbird
The Rusty Blackbird at Billy Frank Jr Nisqually NWR was still present at
~10:30 am this morning, and as other have noted it offered great prolonged
views. Simply walk toward the start of the estuary boardwalk and scan the
wet areas around the cattails. It's alone, not with any other blackbirds,
making finding it pretty easy (though it wasn't present when I arrived but
another birder alerted me when it popped back up). Great bird, great lifer,
and...great bird!

Other birds of note included a Wilson's Snipe and American Bittern near the
blackbird, as well as a very tame and close flock of Cackling Geese that
included 4 Snow and 2 Greater White-fronted Geese right next to the dike
trail!

Ebird checklist:

Christopher Clark
Sumner, WA