Date: 10/30/17 5:13 pm
From: Dave Parent <dpdvm...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Very Late Black-headed Grosbeak and 3-Toed Woodpecker, Washington Pass
Dear Tweets,

Yesterday, 10/29/17, I observed a male Black-headed Grosbeak flying high
over Washington Pass, Okanogan County.

And, after 30 years, despite spending many many days hiking/climbing/camping
in their habitat, chasing flybys that could have been, and enduring too many
times to count "it was just here a minute ago!", I finally observed a
cracking male American Three-toed Woodpecker, feeding, vocalizing and
actually drumming while I was walking the snowy road to the Washington Pass
overlook.

Now, I only need Red-headed to complete my North American woodpecker
portfolio!

Dave Parent, Freeland, WA