Date: 10/29/17 10:24 am
From: Kathy Van Der Aue via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Squirrel Problem. Any solutions?
​This was on the DEEP page:

Relocation of rabies-vector species (raccoon, skunk, and fox) is prohibited
under Connecticut General Statutes Section 26-47(b) and 26-57. This
restriction is necessary to prevent human-assisted spread of this disease
and is an important component of the state’s nuisance wildlife control
program.

and this from the Connecticut General Statutes:

Sec. 26-47(b)(1) No person shall engage in the business of controlling
nuisance wildlife, other than rats or mice, without obtaining a license
from the commissioner. Such license shall be valid for a period of two
years and may be renewed in accordance with a schedule established by the
commissioner. The fee for such license shall be two hundred fifty dollars.
The controlling of nuisance wildlife at the direction of the commissioner
shall not constitute engaging in the business of controlling nuisance
wildlife for the purposes of this section. No person shall be licensed
under this subsection unless the person: (A) Provides evidence,
satisfactory to the commissioner, that the person has completed training
which included instruction in site evaluation, methods of nonlethal and
approved lethal resolution of common nuisance wildlife problems, techniques
to prevent reoccurrence of such problems and humane capture, handling and
euthanasia of nuisance wildlife and instruction in methods of nonlethal
resolution of common nuisance wildlife problems, including, but not limited
to, training regarding frightening devices, repellants, one-way door
exclusion and other exclusion methods, habitat modification and
live-trapping and releasing and other methods as the commissioner may deem
appropriate; and (B) is a resident of this state or of a state that does
not prohibit residents of this state from being licensed as nuisance
wildlife control operators because of lack of residency.

Sec. 26-57. Permits for transportation and exportation of fish, birds,
mammals, reptiles, amphibians and invertebrates. No person shall transport
within the state or transport out of the state any fish, bird, mammal,
reptile, amphibian or invertebrate for which a closed season is provided
without a permit from the commissioner, except as provided in this section.
The commissioner may issue a permit to any person to transport within the
state or to transport out of the state any fish, bird, mammal, reptile,
amphibian or invertebrate protected under the provisions of this chapter
under such regulations as the commissioner may prescribe.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut