Date: 10/29/17 10:18 am
From: Don Billett <donbsrbirds...>
Subject: Lebanon County
Saturday Oct 28 - One of my best days out in recent years (any day out
beats 1 week in). Randy Miller and I went to 2nd Mountain Hawk watch. On
the way up I told Randy that I ordered a
Golden Eagle for this trip. Wow! We had 4 Golden and 11 Bald. Not to
mention a red-shouldered hawk, 2 Northern Harriers and more. A real treat
on the way up - just past the ammo dump -
Randy and I watched a juvenile Red Tail carrying a large timber rattler (4
feet plus and very thick, Randy says 5 feet - ?) Seemed as if it was too
much weight for him. He landed in high weeds between the road and the
"tank road". Maybe it wasn't just the weight but he was struggling. These
things happen just to fast. Keep looking up!

Don Billett - Lebanon County

Join us on Facebook!