Date: 10/29/17 7:28 am
From: Lindsay Story <lsbirder...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ. Black Vulture lift-off Mesa AZ
Anyone who wants a Black Vulture fix, try about 7a m. in Mesa AZ on
Southern, E of Power. This is a longtime known spot. The Vultures (both
Turkey and Black) roost in Leisure World on the N side of Southern. In the
morning, they move to light standards all along Southern and the rooftops
of buildings on the S side of the road. Soon, they kettle and leave for
the day. We just spent 15 minutes watching the gobs of Black Vultures do
their thing. I hadn't checked the time of day for this recently. At least
for a while, I would suggest the 6:15-7:30 range. Great photo ops today
from Mi Migos parking.
Lindsay Story, Mesa AZ