Date: 10/27/17 3:35 pm
From: Jim Grieshaber <jgrieshaber44...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Identification Help
Jersey Birders:

While walking in our neighborhood, my wife and I encountered this bird
huddled against a retaining wall. It seems to be distressed in some way.

Is this a Snipe? Please provide identification assistance.
Please excuse the poor quality photos; the lighting situation was very dim.
I used my iPhone, as I do not have a flash unit (yet) for my Canon 6D.

I thought of attempting to contain it and contact the Raptor Trust
tomorrow; however, I do not want to stress it more. On the other hand, I am
concerned about predators and traffic (it is close to the road).

See photos 2103, 2115, 2116 on my Flickr page.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jim_grieshaber/

Thank you,

Jim Grieshaber
Green Brook