Date: 10/27/17 3:33 pm
From: B B <birder4184...>
Subject: [Tweeters] You Can't Win Them All - Missed Little Gull and Blue Grosbeak - but A Happy Ending
As EVERYONE who chases rare birds knows - it just doesn't always work out the way we would like.  In the past couple of weeks, I have been a day late and thus missed the Little Gull at Point No Point and the Blue Grosbeak at Neah Bay.  Would have loved to have either and will remain envious of the great photos by Brad Waggoner, Ryan Shaw, David Poortinga, Alex Patia and others.  But as great as the disappointment for missing the birds, it was still fun birding and great experiences and it definitely comes with the territory.  And there were consolation prizes - as well as good company on the pursuits.  No Little Gull but a nice Franklin's Gull and many Parasitic Jaegers at Point No Point and a great interaction with a hunting Barn Owl at Three Crabs on our way back from Neah Bay.  Such are why I bird.
I have written up the misses (and consolations) on my blog:  https://wordpress.com/post/blairbirding.wordpress.com/19008 or just go to blairbirding.wordpress.com
Blair Bernson