Date: 10/25/17 9:01 pm
From: Philip Dickinson <pdickins...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Black Phoebe at Fobes Rd., Snohomish
This afternoon, David Poortinga and I were able to relocate and photograph
the Black Phoebe seen earlier in the day along the Fobes Rd. dike by Josh
Adams. David initially heard the bird across the slough in the area where
Josh saw it. We both stayed there awhile without hearing it again, and
David headed back while I hung around the area for awhile. Closer to the
entrance to the dike trail, David heard the bird again and got a brief
glimpse. He then walked back along the dike more than a quarter mile to
tell me he had found the bird. We both returned northward to the area by
the large duck pond and soon heard the bird on our side of the slough but
moving low along the bank behind the bushes. It took us maybe 20 minutes to
get more than a brief view of some movement, but finally the bird came out
where we could see it and then flew to the top of a nearby snag to give us
brief photo opportunities. Much thanks to David for coming to get me and
then helping these older ears get onto the bird's location. That's what I
like about the birding community. The weather was deteriorating, and he did
not have to do that - but he did.

Phil Dickinson
Lake Stevens