Date: 10/24/17 2:45 pm
From: Ben S <benrmnp...>
Subject: [cobirds] Sandhill Cranes - Arapahoe County
Hi all -
I was in my backyard (Centennial, Arapahoe County) about 15 minutes ago and
was greeted by the distinctive rattling, grunting calls of *Sandhill Cranes*.
At first I couldn't see them but soon I saw 65 of them flying south
probably hundreds of feet up. Nice species for my yard! Other present this
morning include four, YES four *Woodhouse's Scrub-Jays*, and a handsome *Red-breasted
Nuthatch*, as well as three varities of Junco, including a *Slate-colored
Junco*. I have been following the recent reports of Steller's Jays in urban
Arapahoe County these last couple weeks. I have been hoping a Steller's Jay
would find my yard what with all the Blue and Woodhouse's Scrub-Jays coming
here daily. No such luck yet.

Ben Sampson
Centennial, CO