Date: 10/23/17 1:28 pm
From: Edge Wade <edgew...>
Subject: Binder Lake today
I birded the lake and hiked a bit today for a couple of hours. The constant 15-20 mph wind was not appreciated by me and clearly not by many birds, whose response was to get into the deepest cover possible.

No Red-necked Grebe was seen. I did see 10 Pied-bills, including 2 immature whose bills appear more pointed than an adult's--perhaps due to the coloring.

One Mute Swan was present, which will not be on the eBird list because is is not a "countable" species in Missouri.

There were many chipping sparrows (the noise, not the species) along the south side of the shorebird area, but I only got sightings of Swamp and Lincoln's.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO
<edgew...>

ABA Birding Code of Ethics
http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html
ASM Spring Meeting: May 4-6, 2018 at Arrow Rock