Date: 10/12/17 4:33 pm
From: Thomas Robben via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Gloucester MA pelagic trip October 22
*From: *Carol Carson <krillcarson...>

*Subject: **Tickets still available for NECWA's Ocean Exploration
Cruise Sunday Oct. 22, 2017*
*Date: *October 10, 2017 at 8:34:31 PM EDT
*To: *<ctbirds...>

NECWA's Ocean Exploration Cruise on October 22, 2017 - Tickets Still
Available

Sailing Date: Sunday October 22, 2017
Time: 8 am to 4 pm
Location: Boat leaves from Gloucester Harbor aboard the Privateer IV, 7
Seas Whale Watch

Join the New England Coastal Wildlife Alliance (NECWA.org
<http://necwa.org/>) for an all day adventure to support marine wildlife
education, research, and conservation. This excursion is a fundraising
event for NECWA, an all-volunteer nonprofit based in southeastern MA.

Enjoy commentary from wildlife experts Wayne Petersen (Mass Audubon), Jim
Sweeney (South Shore Bird Club), David Clapp (Natural History Services),
Thomas Robben (Hartford Audubon Society), Adrian Jordaan (Department of
Environmental Conservation, UMASS Amherst), and Jay Frontierro (Captain and
Naturalist 7 Seas Whale Watch). NECWA naturalists include Tammy Silva,
Michael O'Neill, Courtney Callahan, and Krill Carson.

We head offshore to view and record seabirds, whales, seals, basking
sharks, ocean sunfish, and other marine wildlife seen in the waters off
Cape Cod. If weather allows, we will chum for seabirds and incorporate a
number of environmental sampling stations into our agenda for the day. Data
collected offshore will be shared with other researches in the New England
area to support their research and management activities. During the trip,
NECWA will provide a free nature-themed raffle to thank passengers for
joining us.

To learn more about this exciting trip or to register online through our
Constant Contact Event site, go to http://events.
constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=qdcmohcab&oeidk=a07eedraa7mc69c9941

Adult tickets are $90
Student tickets are $65

If you need additional information, go to www.necwa.org or contact Krill
Carson, President NECWA, at 508-369-8303 <(508)%20369-8303> or krillcarson
@mac.com