Date: 10/12/17 4:26 pm
From: Felix Sangari via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Sea Watching at Sherwood Island and a curious sighting
In the north coast of Spain, where I live, gulls (mainly yellow-legged gulls) are used to kill and eat the passerines that come from UK during fall migration. And some of them that nest on the roofs in the city (Santander), are specialized in killing/eating pigeons. I once counted 17 corpses around a nest. Very efficient killers, a single blow in the head and that's it...
FĂ©lix