Date: 10/11/17 10:51 am
From: Lex Glover <GloverL...>
Subject: Correction on SC Inland Gray Kingbird Sightings RE: Fall bird and butterfly walks at Santee NWR -
Carolina Birders,

Nathan Dias wrote: " Last year on one of the walks we even had the most inland occurrence ever of Gray Kingbird in South Carolina."

Though the above sighting is notable, there are, at least, three inland occurrences of Gray Kingbird in SC, prior to Nathan's sighting in 2016, that I am aware of.

The most inland record in SC was a bird photographed by Mike Turner in Columbia, Richland County, in September 2004.

Other inland occurrences of Gray Kingbird include a bird in October 1980 from the Bluff Unit of Santee NWR, (Status and Distribution of SC Birds, Post & Gauthreaux, 1989) and a bird in October 1989, in Greeleyville, Williamsburg County, SC, (Supplement to Status and Distribution of SC Birds, McNair & Post, 1993).

Good Birding,

Lex Glover
Lugoff, SC