Date: 10/11/17 8:54 am
From: Alfred Maley <alfredmaley...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Possible Migrating Loon Over Hampstead
The cloud cover this morning enabled me to notice (without binoculars) a
high flying bird that I think was a loon. It was heading southeast. In
mid-May we often see Common Loons heading northwest over the house, long
after New Hampshire loons have taken up residence. I’ve assumed they were
headed to the Far North of Canada. It’s possible that this bird was
returning for the winter from up there and, from the altitude it was at, it
could at last (possibly after a long and arduous flight) see its goal -
Cape Cod Bay. It doesn't hurt to speculate.

Al Maley
Hampstead, NH