Date: 10/11/17 8:40 am
From: Stephen Holzman <steveholzman2...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Looking for Rough-legged Hawks
You can always check eBird to find recent sightings. You don't have to
be a member. Just visit: http://ebird.org/ebird/map/ put in the
species name and change the date to the current month and year.
Here's RLHA
http://ebird.org/ebird/map/rolhaw?neg=true&env.minX=&env.minY=&env.maxX=&env.maxY=&zh=false&gp=false&ev=Z&mr=on&bmo=10&emo=10&yr=range&byr=2017&eyr=2017

(closest one to you is Christmas Valley on 10/10)

Last year there was a sighting at Finley NWR near the middle/end of
October. I'm sure it could find food there.

Steve Holzman
Newport, OR

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Louise Shimmel
<louise...> wrote:

> We have a Roughie ready for release (long story) and would be interested in
> any sightings in the Willamette Valley. According to HawkWatch, one was
> sighted over Bonney Butte already and one in western Washington - but we'd
> love to hear if anyone has seen them yet - or when they do - in the Valley.
> Thank you!
>
> Louise Shimmel, Executive Director
> Cascades Raptor Center, Eugene OR
> 541-485-1320