Date: 10/10/17 5:41 pm
From: Logan Kahle <logan...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] Longspur and Red-throated Pipit
Hi all,

This morning after enjoying the Longspur, Brian keyed in on a
Red-throated Pipit call overhead. About half an hour later, Brian,
myself, Josiah and Michael Park all had a Red-throated Pipit (quite
likely the same bird) fly overhead, drop down briefly into the field,
then pick up and seemingly drop into the vegetation by the lagoon. It
was never refound after this point, but worth keeping an eye (and ear!)
out for if you're looking for the longspur. The bird was calling
persistently and I got at least one call audio recorded. I will upload
the recording to eBird shortly.

Also, for what its worth, McCown's Longspur is an extremely overdue
first record for San Francisco county.

Good birding,

Logan

On 10/10/17 4:04 PM, Mark Eaton <marksffo...> [SFBirds] wrote:

> BTW, a certain prominent SoCal birder has unequivocally identified the
> bird from photos as a McCown’s Longspur.
>

> Mark
> ---
> Mark Eaton
> Photography: http://www.markeaton.org
>

>> On Oct 10, 2017, at 15:54, cdlou37 <cdlou37...>
>> <mailto:<cdlou37...> [SFBirds]
>> <SFBirds-noreply...>
>> <mailto:<SFBirds-noreply...>> wrote:
>>

>> Bird was still there when I left at 340pm.
>>
>> Calvin Lou
>> SF
>>

>> Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Join us on Facebook!