Date: 10/10/17 6:18 am
From: Joseph Neal <joeneal...>
Subject: Re: Sooty Horned Larks
This is a remarkable paper. I encourage everyone to consider its implications, especially anyone who is "on the fence" about what is at stake for all of us in the climate change discussion. Important to remember: sooty plumages of Horned Larks mirrors what is happening in the delicate tissues inside our lungs. People have to decide if we want lungs that reflect sooty larks or larks whose feathers reflect air less impacted by soot. All of this is in our hands. These larks are just canaries in the coal mines.