Date: 10/9/17 9:38 am
Subject: Re: Bell's Vireo at NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher - NO this morning but Gray Kingbird YES
You've got yourself a winner there -- indeed a Gray Kingbird! Congrats on
getting photos. Black mask, medium gray upperparts and crown, and tail
without obvious white tips. Actually, around Oct.7-9, a white-bellied
kingbird in our area is possibly MORE likely to be a Gray than an Eastern,
as the latter species normally departs by the end of September. There are a
handful of October records for Gray for the state.

Harry LeGrand
Raleigh

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 12:17 PM, "Adams, Jamie" <carolinabirds...>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I was not able to find the Bell’s this morning, plenty of obvious
> White-eyes but no Bell’s.
>

> However, I did have a brief sighting of what I am fairly certain was a
> Gray Kingbird. I know Jelmer saw a late Eastern Kingbird in the same area
> but this one looked good for a Gray to me.
>

> Photos at
>

> Photographicbirdlistomania.blogspot.com
>

> Might try again this evening.
>

> Jamie Adams